B3 is proud to be working with the Palm Beach Jewish Boomer Platform.
A key component of our initiative is a seed-grant program to encourage the creation of new ways to involve Boomers in Jewish life.
The Palm Beach Jewish Boomer Platform invited a variety of communal organizations, agencies and synagogues in Palm Beach County to propose program ideas—and awarded grants to five proposals:
- 12 Synagogue/2 Agency Team--Wise Aging Peer Group Discussions
- Mandel Jewish Community Center--REEL Matters: Heroes, Happenings & Issues
- Alpert Jewish Family & Children's Service--The Aging Mastery Program
- Temple Israel West Palm Beach--Courageous Conversations
- Temple Beth Am--Guess Who's Coming to Shabbat
The Palm Beach Jewish Boomer Platform—including this grants process—was made possible through an Innovation Grant from the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County. This entire initiative reflects the federation’s investment in and commitment to developing new ways to engage Baby Boomers in the Palm Beach county community in Jewish life.
The five approved programs address a variety of topics of interest to Boomers and can help achieve one of the Platform’s goals of engaging—or re-engaging—Baby Boomers in Jewish life in Palm Beach County.